5 Star ServiceProvided by YP.comI bought my first home about 3 years ago and used House Detectives for my home inspection and couldn’t have ben happier with the service. Ed Malloy came out to the house and spent several hours going through every sqaure inch of the house and when he was done he walked both myself and the sellers through his findings and explained everything thuroughly. Both sides were very impressed with his level of proffesionalism and expertise.I have before and will continue to reccomend House Detectives to friends looking for a home inspection.
I used House Detectives several times…Provided by YP.comI used House Detectives several times and they were very thorough in their inspections, their recomendations helped me to make the proper decisions as far as which property to purchase. I will definately use them again for future purchases.
Provided by YP.comWe used this home inspector when we were purchasing a foreclosed house. They were very professional and reliable. All work was done beyond our expectations as our daughter was buying this home we wanted to be sure the inspection was done accurately and in a timely fashion. Extremely pleased and have recommended several of our friends to use them.
Provided by YP.com
Ed did an excellent job inspecting the home we ultimately purchased. He was meticulus and detailed. I’ve seen other inspection reports for friends and relatives and Ed’s report is the best one I’ve seen. The report is not inflamatory, nor does it gloss over items. It presents his observations fairly and in a matter of fact manner. We would happily recommend Ed’s service to anyone contemplating a home purchase.
– R.P., Seymour CT, July 2011
Very knowledgeable and thorough… and a nice guy. Highly recommend.
– S.P., New Haven CT, March 2011
Hi Ed, Thanks again. Your report is extremely detailed and much appreciated. Looking forward to positive news on from the radon test. Also, if you can recommend the roofing/siding company that did your home as well as any other trustworthy, reasonably priced, good quality licensed contractors in the area…that would be helpful to us.
– D.R., Stamford CT, March 2011
I was very pleased with the inspection and the report was very concise. I believe Ed found a problem that a previous inspector had not found. Thanks.
– A.T., February 2011
Ed was very knowledgeable and did not miss a thing.
– L.J., Shelton CT, February 2011
Ed is a true professional…very knowlegeable and thorough. I do a fair amount of real estate transactions and I recommend House Detectives to all my clients. Attorney Brian Fournier
– B.F., January 2011
– D.M., December 2010
I would absolutely give Ed the highest recommendation to anyone I know.
– K.E., Stamford CT, November 2010
Always en excellent and thorough inspection . thank you Ed
– C.B., November 2010
Great working with Ed! He is a true professional. Thank you for your expertise. Matt
– M.A., October 2010
Ed thank you for your keen eye and suggestions you put me at ease with your proffesionalism and knowledge. Thank You Pat and Vanessa
– V.C., Milford CT, July 2010
Thorough and customer friendly. Reports are best around.
– T.K., July 2010
Ed was absolutely fantastic. He is extremely knowledgeable and patient; willing to answer many of my questions along the way during the inspection. Would recommend to anyone out there looking to purchase a home.
– D.T., Stamford CT, April 2010
– S.M., Orange CT, February 2010
GREAT JOB, No EXCELLENT JOB !!!!!
– B.L., Alanagordo CT, November 2009
Ed, You did a very thorough, complete job with the inspection. I am very satisfied with your work. Sincerely, Gina
– G.L., East Haven CT, September 2009
A true professional – not afraid to get dirty!
– D.K., West Haven CT, August 2009
Thanks for you help. Kris Toschev
– R.T., Granby MA, August 2009
Customers can Gauge service providers on the following 10 attributes. Not all attributes will apply to all service providers.
- Punctuality and Timely Completion: No one likes to wait or have large windows of time where service providers “might” get to them. No one likes the job to drag out because of the service provider’s other projects or if it becomes apparent that the SP did not plan well.
- Workmanship: No one likes shoddy work, shortcuts, or tradesmen who take advantage of the customer’s lack of awareness of what is good quality work.
- Responsibility: Many home owners do not wear shoes in their home and service providers should wear covers over their shoes when necessary. SP’s should not travel into rooms that are not in the work scope. They should not use the toilet without asking. If the SP soils or breaks something, they should try to replace it.
- Professionalism: A Professional does not try to add unnecessary work to the contract. Nor do they try to make themselves look good by demeaning their competition or by discussing religion or politics. Professionals stand behind their price and make the experience pleasant with the customer.
- Cleans Up Daily: Customers like to know that each day when service providers leave the room, it is in a broom swept condition, meaning nothing laying around loose, dangerous, all cords are rolled up, and trash or debris is contained or removed. SP’s should clean up at the end of the job.
- Friendly: No one wants to hear service providers’ personal problems. The service provider should be pleasant to be around.
- Responsive to a Customer’s Call: Call backs should be made in the same day and the service provider should do what was promised.
- Well Organized: Generally speaking, from start to finish, the process went well, any concerns were addressed or corrected, and the repair or project ended well with everyone satisfied.
- Hygiene: The service provider should look clean, smell clean, and wear shoe covers indoors when needed.
- Recommended: Would you recommend this individual or company?